The posting info sticky, PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE UNFAMILIAR WITH TINYBOARD:
Welcome to GETchan! This sticky will cover the majority of frequently asked questions as well as provide important information for using the site. Click each box for info.● Formatting & Hotkeys
- Q brings up the Quick Reply - if you have it enabled in the Settings.
- Ctrl+b will make highlighted text bold
- Ctrl+i will put it in italics
- Ctrl+s will spoiler your text
- Ctrl+h will hide your text, creating a [Show] button for people to reveal
- Ctrl+u will underline it
- Ctrl + r is for
- [cs][/cs] will create Comic Sans text
- [tt][/tt] will create Typeface font
- [shy][/shy] will create smaller text
- [rcv][/rcv] will create larger text and activate the royal canterlot voice wordfilter
- Red bold headings are obtained by placing two equal signs (==) on each side of ==your text== (On one line only)
- [url] function - you can make hyperlinks in the following manner: [url=http://google.com]Click here[/url]
- If need-be, you can edit your posts or threads. Click the checkbox of the post you want to edit and click the [Edit] button in the bottom right corner of the page to edit it.
- You can use an automated "dice" by entering [XdY], X being the number of dice and Y the number of sides each dice has. For example [2d6] will throw two 6-faced dice.
- You can also make additions or subtractions, useful for roleplaying functions. For example [1d20-5]
- Thread watching: There is a 'Watch' link at the bottom right of every OP. When it's clicked, a 'Watcher' menu will appear near the Settings tab. You will be alerted of new messages in watched threads.
- Cross--thread linking is done as such: >>>/test/1
- Catalog: each board has a "Catalog" which will show you all the threads currently on every page of each board. For example: catalog for /GET/. The catalog will show you a preview of each thread's OP text, the OP image as well as the number of replies in each thread.
GETchan has a Settings button on the right of its navbar. Here are some of the features it provides:
- The "style" field allows you to use different themes.
- Show mature content threads: Will reveal the automatically hidden mature threads on certain boards. Off by default.
- Treat mature images as spoilers: Spoilers images in mature threads, when threads are unhidden.
- Reveal Spoilers will bypass the Spoilers system (Images and text)
- Navbar stays at the top: "Sticks" the navbar to the top of the page. It is off by default: the navbar scrolls down with you.
- Use QR for posting: Highly recommended, the Quick Reply allows you to post in a thread without scrolling to the top every time. Q brings it up.
- Show "You" on links to your posts: Will put the text (You) after a reply directed to a post you have made.
- Reply notifier sound: A sound alert is played when someone replies to you in a thread- if you have the thread opened.
- Filtered Names and Filtered Tripcodes: Prevents post made with those names or tripcodes from being seen
GETchan allows you to create hash-tags, which are a tagging feature.
You create a #Tag of your choice like so: [#Text of your choice].This is important for some boards like /rp/ and /anon/: it is also how you mark a thread as mature. On mature boards, a button is available when making the OP to add this tag automatically. The special tag [#Anon] removes the ability for replies to have names.
Note: Any NSFW image posted in a non-Mature thread is a rule violation and will be treated as such. Please tag your threads properly for the benefit of all users
If need-be, you can use the /test/
board for getting yourself accustomed to the differences between TinyBoard and Lynxchan/Kusaba X.